The three main questions private business owners ask are:
- How do I protect my wealth, including the business?
- How do I repatriate business wealth to my family?
- How do I structure my business for succession, which could include family transfer, initial public offering (IPO), or trade sale?
Our Private Clients taxation team have an holistic skill set to address these key issues:
Private businesses have distinct taxation issues
Effective tax advice for private businesses requires a comprehensive knowledge of the Australian Taxation Law. Our team will take the time to get a thorough understanding of the business and the commercial objectives before applying their technical expertise.
An end-to-end service
Business owners often reach out to us when they’re:
- facing an issue with the ATO
- grappling with a family dispute
- looking to offer equity to their key management
- purchasing a new acquisition
- planning for a liquidity event
- concerned about succession or estate planning.
Because we are a multidisciplinary team, we can help with any and all of these issues. This means we can develop a truly deep understanding of your business and its structures, including your family structure, and bring that understanding to bear on every aspect of your business. We work year-round to keep you informed of changing tax legislation and how it may impact you and your business.
We have lawyers on hand to execute documents, saving you the hassle and expense of getting an external lawyer in.
We can also assist with:
- Not-for-profits and family foundations
We ensure that your activities don’t jeopardise your income tax exemption and deductible gift recipient status.
- VCLP & ESVCLP
We help you to establish the right structure and approvals to be registered as either a Venture Capital Limited Partnership (VCLP) or Early Stage Venture Capital Limited Partnership (ESVCLP), allowing you to access the unique tax benefits they entail. We advise on investments, employee equity and incentives, acquisition and divestitures, and other relevant functions.
- Research and Development tax incentive solution