PwC's Indigenous Consulting

There is a growing desire from business, governments and communities to help create positive change for Indigenous Australians. But creating that change is challenging, and much of the investment in Indigenous programs doesn't achieve its intended outcomes.

We're inspired by the opportunity to help create more impact from these good intentions - by changing how communities are engaged, so policies, programs and organisations realise their potential. PIC is majority owned, led and staffed by Indigenous Australians. The unique power of our business is the combination of our Indigenous expertise and experience, with PwC's world-leading professional services capability

We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands where we live and work.  We pay respect to them and their Elders – both past and present.

PIC is an unprecedented partnership between a group of Indigenous Australians and PwC, one of the world's largest professional services firms. Our aim is to help create positive change by providing trusted professional services and advice to government, corporate and community clients on Indigenous matters.

We are an Indigenous business - PIC is majority owned, led and staffed by Indigenous Australians. PIC has an Indigenous Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer, and the majority of our National Executive and Board are Indigenous. Our Indigenous owners have a 51% share in PIC, and PwC Australia owns the remaining 49%. We are not a new service offering for PwC Australia – we are a separate member firm in the PwC global network.

Real and lasting change happens when it's created by Indigenous people, not for Indigenous people. That's why Indigenous ownership, management and delivery is such a fundamental ingredient of the PIC business. By combining our understanding of cultural, commercial, and community realities with the significant capabilities of the PwC network, PIC is in an ideal position to help facilitate this positive change.

PIC specialises in providing advice, developing strategies and supporting their execution to help realise the commercial and community potential of Indigenous policies, programs, projects, organisations and businesses. We offer a wide range of Indigenous consulting services.

PIC is governed by a Board of Management compromised of 5 Directors: 2 Indigenous owner representatives; 2 PwC representatives; and an Independent Indigenous Chair. The Board will always be majority Indigenous Australians and aims to maintain a majority of female members - a reflection of PIC's commitment to diversity at all levels.

The Indigenous owner representatives on Board are Gavin Brown and Jodie Sizer. The other Board Directors are Tanya Hosch, James van Smeerdijk and Paddy Carney.

Gavin Brown
Director, Indigenous Owner Representative,
Jodie Sizer
Director, Indigenous Owner Representative,

PIC provides services across Australia and currently employs staff in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia, the ACT and Western Australia. PIC also has strong relationships with a diverse range of subcontractors across Australia who specialise in Indigenous matters

PIC offices

PwC Adelaide

Riverside Centre
70 Franklin St
Adelaide SA 5000

GPO Box 418
Adelaide SA 5001
Tel: 1800 992 533

PwC Brisbane

Riverside Centre
Level 15
123 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000

GPO Box 150
Brisbane QLD 4001
Tel: 1800 992 533

PIC Canberra

PwC's Indigenous Consulting Canberra
PwC Canberra
28 Sydney Ave
ACT 2603

GPO Box 447
ACT 2601
Tel: 1800 992 533

PIC Darwin

PwC's Indigenous Consulting Darwin
4/21 Parap Road
NT 0820

GPO Box 395
Parap NT 0820
Tel: 08 8981 5200

PwC Melbourne

Level 7
Building 1
Riverside Quay
1 Southbank Boulevard
Southbank VIC 3006

GPO Box 1331
Melbourne VIC 3001
Tel: 1800 992 533

PwC Perth

Brookfield Place
Level 15
125 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000

GPO Box D198
Perth WA 6840
Tel: 1800 992 533

PwC Sydney

Darling Park Tower 2
201 Sussex Street
Sydney NSW 2000

GPO Box 2650
Sydney NSW 1171
Tel: 1800 992 533

PIC has a passionate belief that Indigenous people should have the opportunities to fulfil their aspirations. Our desire to create this firm reflects our belief in the rights of our communities to create and determine their own futures. As an Indigenous led partnership with corporate Australia, PIC aims to be an emblem for Indigenous self determination.

PICs culture is firmly grounded in our values and is guided by the following principles:

  • We respect diversity and different points of view
  • We respect those who have walked this earth before us
  • We are accountable to our clients, our communities and ourselves
  • We strive for excellence in Indigenous consulting and operate with integrity
  • We aim to do the right thing, in the right way.

Creating value for your business